This week, I participated in Dan MacInnis’ Marketing Advice for Small Businesses Podcast where we discussed social media, branding, and content marketing tips, strategy, and advice for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Dan asked me some really insightful questions during the interview. A few of the ideas I was able to touch upon during the half-hour podcast come directly from my recent books, 30-Minute Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing For Dummies, and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to WordPress with a tidbit from Kick-ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps offered as well. If you listen to the interview, you’ll learn about the following and more:
- Building your core branded online destination
- No one cares about you.
- Social media and content marketing are about pull marketing, not push marketing.
- Your brand is a promise that sets consumer expectations.
- Focused brands are the strongest brands.
- The Brand Perception Snapshot Test
- Mobile marketing
You can listen to the complete podcast here.