Are you missing one of the easiest tricks to skyrocket engagement on your Facebook Page? Facebook marketing includes posting useful, meaningful content, placing strategic ads, and leveraging opportunities to grow your fan base, but once your Page has fans, you have to engage with them or your Facebook Page will stagnate. In other words, you have to take steps to boost Facebook engagement.
The problem is Facebook’s algorithm, which makes it extremely hard to get your Page updates seen in your fans’ news feeds. Fortunately, there’s a Facebook engagement trick you can use to exponentially increase the chances people will see your updates and engage with them by liking, sharing, and commenting.
While nothing is guaranteed with Facebook marketing and things can change on a daily basis as Facebook rewrites its rules, this Facebook engagement trick really does work. You just have to convince your fans to take one simple step – prioritize your Facebook Page updates in their Facebook News Feeds.
That’s it. That’s the trick. Have your Facebook Page fans prioritize your updates in their news feeds. This is one of my top tips to boost Facebook engagement, and if you’re not doing it, you’re Facebook Page isn’t performing optimally.
Why Fans Should Prioritize Your Facebook Updates
The first step to making this Facebook engagement trick work is to make it worthwhile for your fans to prioritize your Facebook Page updates on their personal Facebook Profile News Feeds. Think of it from their perspective. If you were one of them, would you rather see a photo of your team at a recent trade show or that hilarious fail video your friend shared or the adorable puppy photo your cousin posted?
To that end, you need to make sure your fans understand why they should prioritize your updates on Facebook. What’s the benefit to them? This is a perfect opportunity to use email marketing, Facebook ads, Facebook updates, blog posts, and a lead magnet to offer something of value in exchange for prioritizing your updates. You need to make your fans feel like they’ll miss something amazing or they won’t get the critical information they need if they don’t prioritize your updates!
How Fans Can Prioritize Your Facebook Page Updates
Next, show your Page fans how to prioritize your updates in Facebook. Most people don’t know how to do this, so you have to tell them! Here’s what they need to do:
1. Log into their Facebook accounts and click the arrow in the top right corner of the page to view the drop-down menu, and click News Feed Preferences in the drop-down menu.
2. In the pop-up window that opens, click the Prioritize Who To See First button.
3. Click the All button on the left side of the Prioritize Who To See First window to open the drop-down menu.
4. Click Pages Only from the drop-down menu to show only Pages in the list to choose from (this makes it easier to find your Page).
5. Click the brand’s page thumbnail image (the Page name is shown below the thumbnail image) to select it. Make sure your audience knows your Facebook Page name and what your thumbnail image looks like, so they can find it on this list. Also, make sure your audience knows they have to like your Facebook Page already in order to see it in the list. The chosen Page will have a star in the upper right corner of the thumbnail image and it will say “See First” below the Page name in the list once it’s selected. Click the Done button to save the changes.
Once these steps are completed, fans will see your new Page updates at the top of their personal Facebook Profile News Feeds whenever they’re using Facebook. It’s a perfect way to not only keep your brand top of mind but also increase the opportunities for people to see your Facebook updates, like them, comment on them, and share them with their own audiences.
This type of engagement sends signals to Facebook’s algorithm that your content is useful and can further increase the chances that it will appear in other fans’ News Feeds as well – even if they haven’t prioritized your Page. Ultimately, that creates even more chances for Facebook engagement!
Your Next Steps
So what are you waiting for? Go and ask your fans to prioritize your Facebook Page and see for yourself how it can boost your Facebook engagement! Just make sure you don’t leave your fans hanging if they engage with your Page. Acknowledge them by responding to their comments and thanking them for sharing your posts.
If you need help creating your lead magnets, blog posts, Facebook updates, Facebook ads, or email marketing to boost your Facebook engagement, contact me and let’s get started!